Here are some links we found interesting. Enjoy!
- With funding from the Refugee School Impact Grant (RSIG), School’s Out Washington partnered with documentary filmmaker Jill Freidberg to produce a film chronicling the lives of refugee youth in Washington State. The film highlights four youth from Burma, Nepal/Bhutan, Russia, and Somalia.
- Next time you’re looking for a catering company, look no further than Project Feast – a local organization who works with refugees and immigrants to provide training and employment opportunities. Also, be sure to check out these Seattle-based, socially conscious fashion companies, one of which directly supports the work of World Relief.
- The East-side is now more racially and ethnically diverse than Seattle itself. Could Bellevue become the new Vancouver?
- It turns out that becoming an American is bad for your health. A growing body of research on immigrants has shown that the longer they live in this country, the worse their rates of heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Immigration Reform remains at a critical point in our country. Please pray for our representatives. And please contact your local Representative by calling the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121!
“Washing one’s hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral ”
– Paulo Freire