Here are some interesting links to entertain you on your lunch break:
- Beauty abounds at an Iraqi refugee’s new job, which happens to be at a Seattle cultural staple.
- A summary of the “Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013,” also known as Immigration Reform. Action. Steps. Here.
- A wonderful video resource to help us understand the difficult adjustment faced by refugee families and youth. A New Day and Be Who You Are are also both available in Farsi, Nepali and Somali.
- A Religious Call to Action: Supporting LGBT Refugees within Communities of Faith. A highlight from the video, “Our faith communities are called to reach out and embrace people where we are, as we are (5:09).”
- Navigating a foreign healthcare system presents one of many challenges to newly resettled refugee families. Contact us if you are interested in teaching a healthcare ESL seminar for our clients!
- And the illustrious, stating-the-obvious-award goes to: Friendships help people! Turns out that mentoring helps improve employment outcomes for refugees and immigrants. (Sarcasm intended)